I love reading! Did you know that already? I’m sure I’ve mentioned that I can't live without my Kindle. So, here’s what’s on my list of books I am planning to read over the summer.
As I am still new to the world of PR and I am not a PR, but a business student I am aware of the fact that I have to improve my writing skills, which is why after careful consideration of good writing books recommended in a LinkedIn group discussion (can’t remember which one exactly) I chose:
- On Writing Well. The Classic Guide to Writing Nonfiction by William Zinsser
- The Elements of Style by William Strunk
- Public Relations Writing: The Essentials of Style and Format by Thomas Bivins
To enhance my knowledge about business and the PR practice regarding the role of social media I’ll try to catch up with:
- The New Rules of Marketing and PR by David Meerman Scott
- Engage, Revised and Updated: The Complete Guide for Brands and Businesses to Build, Cultivate, and Measure Success in the New Web by Brian Solis
- The End of Business as Usual: Rewire the Way You Work to Succeed in the Consumer Revolution by Brian Solis
As I am now working in the ad and branding industry I am planning to reread:
And if I have some time left to relax I will then read some novels:
It does look like an exhaustive list, but I am determined to do it! I will let you know if I succeeded
What is on your reading list?